News for residents

Basketball Program

Skyview Ranch Community Association has decided to initiate  a basketball program. 
Dear residents if you are interested to register your children, please fill out register form and pay the fees via interact as soon as possible. We have just 40 spots available. For any information, feel free to contact us: or
Phone#: 4032006064
For registration in person, give us a call between 4 p..m and 9 p.m. week days and any time on the weekend.

Registration form download here





Aircraft Activity at YYC

Skyview Ranch Community residents have been suffering from aircraft noise since June 2014.

Please click here to submit your concerns and issues.

“Traffic updates”

52nd Street has been temporarily closed by the developer and will re-open  March 23rd at 6:00pm.
The City is in the process of installing a  4-way stop at 128th & Skyview Ranch Road.  The City engineers have completed the design work and now require the installation of concrete barriers to close off the east / west turn lanes.  The City has put in an order for barriers and once they are put in place the signage can be installed.

“Widening an Existing Driveway for Parking”

If you are thinking about widening your front driveway for parking you must first get approval from Transportation Planning by completing an online 311 Access Request for New or Widening Driveways. This is the first step in the development permit approval process.

Once you obtain approval from Transportation Planning, you can apply for a Development Permit for Driveway Relaxation. Contact or visit the Planning Services Counter for more information about how to apply for a development permit, the application process, and fees.

Development Permit applications are reviewed by The City, and can be approved with conditions or refused. The Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 regulates driveway width as follows:
·         Narrow properties with a width of nine meters or less, can have a driveway six metres wide
·         Properties larger than nine metres in width can have a driveway seven metres wide
·         Properties wider than 15 metres have no driveway restrictions under the current Land Use Bylaw.

An approved City Development Permit for an extended driveway might later require the city sidewalk or curb to be lowered or sloped to allow your vehicle to drive onto your driveway. You can obtain a free driveway crossing estimate from The City by completing an online 311 eServices – Request curb lowering for existing driveways estimate.”

Harmony Beef slaughter house

The Mayor’s Office has learned that the Development Permit for the expansion of the Harmony Beef Processing Plant to accommodate a wastewater treatment system will be coming before Rocky View County Council on Tuesday, September 15th.  The item is listed as  “D2” in the middle of the Rock View County Council Agenda (found here at:

The City of Calgary continues to dialogue with Rocky View County regarding our serious concerns with this development and how it may impact the quality of life of Calgarians residents.  We have recently reiterated The City of Calgary’s offer to help pay for a joint, independent, third party review of the waste-treatment technology.  We will keep you informed of any new developments.   We encourage all concerned citizens to communicate with Rocky View County Council and share their views on this issue.

Calgary Transit route 445 is changed

Good news for the new year: Residents of the new community of Cityscape will have access to transit service in February 2016. We will be adding bus stops on Route 445 near the intersection of Metis Tr and 104 Av NE to serve the community. Stops are located on 104 Av/Cityscape Bv NE (not Metis Tr for safety reasons).

 See attached Route 445 map for new routing Route map